Terms and Conditions
MMM stands for Melbourne Master Movers.
1. It is assumed that customer is either owner of the goods or is on behalf of the owner of goods.
2. The staff of MMM will not connect or dis-connect any sort of equipment, appliances or any laying floor fittings.
3. The staff of MMM will not assemble or dismantle any sort of furniture unless agreed at the time of booking.
4. It is customer’s responsibility to ensure proper protection of goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises.
5. It is customer’s responsibility to empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators, deep freezers and washing machines. We are not at all responsible for the contents.
6. If customer has booked single man for job and there are heavy items for moving or which need two persons or more to move, then in case of any damage we are not responsible. Customer is supposed to help in such case.
7. Our hourly price starts from the time the MMM reach your door until the final payment is made to MMM after completion of job at the desired destination.
8. Time taken over an hour is charged in 30 minute increments.
9. All hourly priced jobs incur a minimum of 2 hour charge once the removalists arrive at the pickup address even if the job is cancelled.
10. Except the fixed jobs, all hourly priced jobs incur a minimum of 2 hour charge once the removalists arrive at the pickup address and the time is running till the complete payment has been made.
11. Fuel charges are applicable to customers according to distance between pick up and drop off address.
12. Additional time taken by the customer to make the payment to MMM after job completion will be charged on double the hourly rate on which the job has been booked.
13. MMM have the right to decide the reasonable route of travel for moving between pickup and drop off addresses.
14. Return charge applies to distant jobs, which is same as hourly price on which the job is booked, and is added on top of the time taken to complete the job.
15. Additional $25 per trip to use toll road must be paid by customer.
16. Customer has to pay for the recycler’s or rubbish tip if the goods are to be disposed off.
17. It is the customer’s duty to arrange all documents, permits or licenses required for moving.
18. It’s the customer’s responsibility to arrange Parking before our arrival at pick up address. Customer is liable to pay all parking charges.
19. We will not move any type of potentially dangerous materials, stolen goods, explosive items or gas bottles, aerosols, drugs, firearms, ammunitions or any other similar item.
20. It is the customer’s responsibility to explain all types of goods which they want us to move.
21. We will not move any live birds, animals or fish.
22. We will not move precious stones, Jewelry, money, coins, stamps, securities, watches etc.
23. We reserve the right to deny the removals and moving if the mover deems not safe or for any other reasons whatsoever.
24. Threatening, abusing or misbehaving with MMM staff will not be tolerated. If the driver is forced to leave because of any such behavior before completion of job, customer is still responsible of full payment.
25. We can cancel the booking at any time if the customer is not willing to cooperate or have an assumption that the customer might not pay.
26. Arrival time is not guaranteed. We will strive our best to arrive at the time scheduled originally. However delays may occur due to circumstances beyond our control.
27. Extra Charges apply, if there are more than a single flight of stairs on which the goods need to be moved on.
28. If it is found at time of move that the actual job does not match with the information provided while booking, the customer is liable to pay additional charges decided by us, in order to recover the extra cost associated with labor, fuel, etc.
29. We try our best to fit in all the goods to be moved in a single trip in the vehicle decided at the time of the booking, but we don’t guarantee it because we don’t always have the time to do so and space. If additional trips are required to complete the moving, the customer is liable to pay for the hourly charges for the total time taken and additional fuel charges may be charged.
1. All payments must be paid at the completion of the moving at the destination unless alternate arrangements have been made at the time of making the booking.
2. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure adequate funds are available before the job gets over, to avoid additional hourly charges.
3. Payments for Toll and any Parking Infringements issued due to client’s negligence must be paid with all dues.
4. We have the right to demand payment, before we unload the goods from the truck if the customer fails to cooperate with the removalists.
5. In case of non payment for our services, we reserve the right to seize some or all of the goods to be delivered.
6. In case of seizing the goods due to non-payment or dispute, storage charges would be applicable to customer.
7. In case of nonpayment of outstanding amount by the due date, we reserve the right to sell the possessed goods to recover costs of our services, after 14 days from the date of the move.
8. All late payments will be charged at $25 per day from the day next to the date of the move.
9. In case of non-payments, debt collection procedures will be followed. The customer will be liable to pay additional 25% of the amount to be recovered, charged by the debt collection agency
1. Cancellations made before 7 days prior to the scheduled moving will be free of any charges. Cancellation made less than 7 days prior to the scheduled moving will result 25% of total estimated cost to customer.
2. Cancellation of a booked job in less than 48 hrs from the scheduled moving will result in full payment estimated at time of booking.
1. We carry Public Liability Insurance for all our Removal services. This insurance covers damage that may occur to building due to our movers’ negligence.
2. Where customer/Third party is helping, we are not liable for the any damages, and no insurance claims will be entertained.
3. All glass or items of brittle nature to be moved at “owners own risk”, and no damage claims for such items will be entertained by us.
4. In case of damage claims up to $500, we have the right to repair or compensate as per the assessed value. And in that case, no insurance claims will be entertained.
5. In case of any such incidental damage that may occur, if the insurance claim is higher than $500, the customer is liable to pay excess fee of $700 in order for the claim to be processed by our insurance provider.
6. We recommend customer to arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal transit, against all insurable risks as our liability is limited as mentioned above.
7. No insurance claims will be processed until complete charges of the service availed and excess fees have been paid to MMM.
8. We are not liable for the damage claims, other than mentioned on the job completion certificate or reported after the job completion certificate has been signed by the customer.
9. All the damage claims must have to be brought to the notice of MMM before they leave the drop off address after completion of job. No claims will be entertained after that.
10. It’s the customer’s responsibility to check that none of the items to be moved is left behind on pick up address and all of the moved items has been dropped at drop off address.
11. If packing of items has been done by customer, then MMM will not be liable to pay for any damage caused by loose packaging or due to improper packing.
12. If damage is caused to building/property and/or goods as a result of moving under your express instruction, against our adVictoriae, and where moving the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable.
13. Unless otherwise agreed in writing if any item is lost or damaged due to our negligence or breach of contract, we will pay you up to $40 for each item which is lost or damaged.
14. MMM staff is not supposed to dismantle doors or windows if your goods do not fit into your property. In such case, MMM staff will leave the items outside the property and will not be responsible for any damage or theft.